More than 284,000 personal sites have been created at CaringBridge, with 1.7 billion visits to those sites. Each day, a half-million visits are made to Caring Bridge sites.
CaringBridge is a nonprofit organization and is funded by community donations. There is no advertising on the personal websites.
There are a variety of privacy levels, managed by the family authors of each sites; some are accessible to the general public, while others need password information from the family.
CaringBridge was founded in 1997, after a close friend of the founder developed a life-threatening pregnancy. Sona Mehring created a website for the family to communicate news without disturbing the mother or hospital staff members.
- 04/02/2013 CaringBridge CEO to Step Down, Run for U.S. Congress
- 03/26/2012 Minnesota’s CaringBridge let the sick and their families blog long before Facebook
- 02/24/2012 CaringBridge Receives Large Gift to Establish First Endowment Fund
- 01/26/2012 CaringBridge Names Two New Board Members
- 10/03/2011 CaringBridge tracks patients’ progress for family, friends
- 02/23/2011 Fast Company Names CaringBridge Founder Sona Mehring Amongst Most Influential Women in Technology for 2011
- 12/10/2010 CaringBridge Wins Two eHealthcare Leadership Awards
- 10/26/2010 Meet Minnesota’s Radical Tech CEO #3: Sona Mehring
- CaringBridge Comes of Age in an Age of Social Medi
- CaringBridge's Youtube Channel
- 1715 Yankee Doodle Road Suite 301, Eagan, MN 55121