This position serves as a technical analyst on the Academic Support Resources (ASR) Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) team. The components of this position include:
- To assist in meeting the University’s goal to deliver a streamlined upgrade to the PeopleSoft 9.2 environment.
- To analyze the new needs of interfacing PeopleSoft to our currently outdated DARs system and its potential replacement system UAchieve.
- To evaluate the impacts to the data structures and interfaces that support these systems.
- To evaluate the validity of historical business rules in the context of both the new PeopleSoft 9.2 system as well as the potential DARS replacement.
- To permit business continuity and to thoroughly evaluate all impacts to student and advisor success.
80% - Technical Analysis
- Technical analysis of our existing DARS system and interfaces to PeopleSoft 9.0.
- Technical analysis, documentation, and process flows for existing DARS system and interfaces to PeopleSoft 9.0.
- Technical analysis of system upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 and affect on DARS.
- Technical analysis of upgraded DARS system (UAchieve) and interfaces to PeopleSoft 9.2.
20% - Production and Operations Support
- Assist staff with interpretation of existing DARS setup.
- Assist staff with interpretation of processes.
- Support current interfaces to PeopleSoft.
- Work with OIT to support and correct issues to current DARS and interfaces to PeopleSoft.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ work experience in business or system analysis with a related degree. Six years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analyst with a non-related degree.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience writing documentation, workflows, and procedures to address system and user needs.
- Technical work experience in the area of PeopleSoft and/or Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). Six years of work experience in the area of data analysis with a non-related degree.
- Over 2 years of experience at a university or college.
- Experience working in student services.
- Effective customer service and public contact skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate technology concepts effectively with technically proficient and non-technically proficient individuals.
- Ability to sufficiently understand and analyze data to recognize data anomalies and problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Ability to develop, train, and mentor peers.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume. Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there. Please attach a current resume, a cover letter, and a list of three professional references to your online application. To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).