To provide day to day support on products being built in the manufacturing assembly area(s). This would include working with the assembly team in the identification of continuous improvement ideas that utilize lean manufacturing principles. These improvements would target processes and procedures that will enhance the quality and repeatability of the assembly process and increase productivity.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILTIES
- Identify process and assembly improvements and work with VP of Manufacturing and Operations and Assembly Manager to implement improvement ideas into the manufacturing area using lean manufacturing principles.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the manufacturing floor
- Create and maintain manufacturing processes and procedures
- Provide input on the design of new product line assembly cells and implement their setup
- Provide process and procedural training to assembly personnel
- Participate in new product design reviews to identify design for manufacturability (DFM) issues and opportunities
- Review assembly documentation for accuracy through ECO reviews
- Work with packaging vendors to design custom packaging solution for high volume assemblies
- Design and implement assembly fixtures that will increase efficiencies on the manufacturing floor
- Provide Return on Investment (ROI) justification on capital expenditures
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
- Other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, electronic schematics and PCB layouts
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to examine component issues and required changes
- Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
- Basic understanding of embedded programming and the ability to read C++ language
- An understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to train and motivate employees at all levels
- Ability to make sound decisions within established guidelines
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
- Must possess high degree of professionalism
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, manufacturing, industrial engineering or related technical degree with a minimum of 3+ years engineering experience in an electro mechanical assembly environment; or combination of relevant education and experience
- 3D CAD work experience
- Board testing experience
Special Job Requirements: Must be available for long, varied work hours on occasion
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience in manufacturing / cell production environments
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with SAP
- Familiar with MRP systems
- Labeling software experience
- Machine shop experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach above shoulder level, reach below knee level, bend, stoop, squat/kneel, climb; and lift, push or pull 50 lbs. Must have the ability to make coordinated movements of the fingers and hands to grasp, manipulate, and to perform data entry on a keyboard.
- Combination general office and regular shop assembly/distribution center environment
- May require regular ground travel to other company facilities within local metropolitan area
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org