Python Software Engineer
This position is responsible for the design and development of Python-based embedded software for our full range of Linux-powered audiovisual and unified communications devices.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Design and develop multi-threaded, multi-process embedded software in Python to monitor and control device hardware and provide back end logic for communication and user interfaces.
- Build efficient and reusable abstractions and systems.
- Collaborate with hardware and FPGA engineers to establish high-level interfaces to serve hardware needs.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace.
- Cooperate in safety programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary to support the company’s business operations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Strong knowledge of Python
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience with multithreaded, multi-process software design and development.
- Experience with embedded software development a major plus.
- Experience with VoIP, or A/V streaming over USB/IP a plus.
- Experience with full-system performance profiling and test definition a plus.
- Familiarity with C++, SVN, and git a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- General office environment.
- May require regular ground travel to other company facilities.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment
How to Apply
Apply on the Careers section located at the bottom of the home page or click on the URL below: www.milestone.com/about/careers