Dev Ops Engineer/Full-Stack Developer
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive improvements throughout the frontend and backend of a large Magento e-Commerce platform and all of it’s components.
- This position will involve developing for the Magento frontend as well to support the backend infrastructure.
- This position will be responsible for configuring and maintaining Linux servers running on dedicated hardware as well as in cloud infrastructure.
- This role will work closely with relevant other internal teams to provide tools and solutions that meet business objectives.
- This position will involve working with a wide array of development and systems technologies, and will have a voice in recommending technical strategy and architecture improvements.
Back End Server Operations
- Design and build new e-commerce platform architecture.
- Develop in Python and Bash to support the backend infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain Linux servers on a mix of dedicated hardware and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to configure and maintain various CDN technologies in production environment.
- Develop infrastructure plans and strategy to ensure the proper capacity is in place to service online customer demand.
- Able to implement security best practices.
Front End Website Development
- Work closely with frontend Web Developer and Marketing Team to define, create, and implement e-commerce technology roadmap enhancements.
- Be a subject matter expert for all coding, development, and integration for bulkreefsupply.com.
- Develop with semantic markup, SEO, accessibility, site performance and scalability in mind.
- Collaborate with other developers using GIT revision repository systems.
Website Maintenance and Support
- Analyze the root cause of website related issues, develop and act on remediation plans.
- Monitor performance of existing systems, propose improvements, and react to any issues.
- QA and Testing: Lead and Develop QA testing plans and strategy to include self-testing.
- Continually keeping up with emerging web technologies and have an understanding of how/when to apply them.
- Participate in Marketing Team development of quarterly and annual project-based goals.
- Perform self-directed activities to support completion of individual and team goals.
- Participate in Marketing team meetings and other meetings and projects as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Other duties, reports and specialized projects as needed.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
- 4+ years of Linux sysadmin experience (Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Very comfortable working on the Bash command line
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Ability to develop frontend and backend applications that leverage APIs (RESTful, SOAP, AJAX)
- Able to work with Linux distribution package managers (yum, apt) to keep systems up to date
- Knowledge of how to collaborate with other developers using GIT revision repository system
- Understanding of how DNS works and best practices
- Able to write SQL queries to obtain data from MySQL databases
- With some oversight, demonstrate ability to interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to present complex data in an understandable and relevant manner
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability for planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines
- Experience with Magento Enterprise e-Commerce platform development
- Experience working with and configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS; EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Route53)
- Experience using NewRelic / Google Analytics for performance monitoring
- Knowledge of how to configure and maintain a MySQL database
- Knowledge of Redis caching systems
- Experience leveraging and implementing Website performance best practices in order to optimize page speed and server load
- Knowledge of Web Architecture best practices on architecting highly efficient and scalable Magento e-commerce platforms
- Able to conduct code reviews of third party code to evaluate conformance to best practices
- Experience with Traction / EOS business methodology a plus
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment with prolonged sitting at a desk/table, using a computer.
- Carry on a conversation and perform work in an open environment with some background noises.
- Short lengths of time will be spent in warehouse environment and could have varying temperatures.
- Occasional pushing, pulling and lifting objects up to 20 lbs.
- Other requirements will be established as needed.
How to Apply
Drop a line to Ann, our Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org