The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking a Systems/Software Development Supervisor to lead a talented development team serving the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), which is the largest health care payment system in the state. MMIS pays medical bills and managed care payments for DHS-administered MN Health Care Programs (MHCP) recipients, generates program data for research and forecasting, assists in detecting medical fraud, and employs technological solutions to reduce costs and improve services for health care providers. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced IT systems professional to lead continuous innovation, development, and enhancement of a large custom software system.
In addition to new technology, challenging work, and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment. Working with many others, DHS helps people meet their basic needs by providing or administering health care coverage, economic assistance, and a variety of services for children, people with disabilities, and older Minnesotans. We are nationally recognized for our progressive leadership in human services and health care programs.
- Plan, organize, and direct of development team projects and activities.
- Perform independent work on research studies, evaluation of new technology, and/or feasibility studies.
- Ensure system modifications and enhancements are completed according to specifications and technical documentation is completed.
- Establish and maintain system standards to be used for the MMIS system.
- Supervise a highly professional team of programmers, analysts, and contractors.
At least 2 years in a leadership role as a supervisor, senior-level lead worker, or project team lead. Thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- The methods and techniques of systems analysis and design
- Standard systems development methodology
- Software development life cycle
- Computer and peripheral equipment operation and capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time critical development activities
- Ability to develop and present written and verbal information in a clear and concise manner
- Project management experience
- Business analyst skills
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance (optional family)
- Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Health care savings plan
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Pre-tax benefits
- Credit union membership available
- Optional retirement savings plan
St. Paul, MN
How to apply
The Recruitment Office is glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or submit your resume by email (please reference “Systems/Software Development Supervisor” in the subject line):
Phone/Job Hotline: 651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS THURSDAY, JUNE 7th, 2012.
The Recruitment Office will contact you within 2 business days regarding your inquiry.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer