Top Career Solutions is currently recruiting for a SAP Programmer for our client in Eden Prairie, MN.
Reporting to the IT Manager; the SAP Programmer is responsible for the SAP infrastructure which includes the technical configuration of the system, performance management of the system, and operation of all core SAP components. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of information technology solutions to meet client needs and system/software requirements including designing new or modifying existing programs, providing technical support, and customer training.
- Work with functional and business teams to understand business user requirements; Designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting custom developed SAP solutions according to specifications and schedules while meeting quality requirements.
- Provide technical support for clients as needed through the existing helpdesk system related to system functionality, performance, efficiency and availability of production systems.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all custom development objects (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflows) within SAP and its integration with the rest of the SAP components and legacy systems.
- Assist with software conversions/implementations with an emphasis on providing a stable user-friendly computing environment. Work with systems users and internal staff to set priorities, schedule tasks, resolve problems, arrange training, and provide documentation and status reports as needed.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of production application systems.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery testing to ensure business continuance.
- Committed to support the overall goals, exceed customer satisfaction and continue to grow personally and professional by staying current with changes in technology.
Technical Know How: Must have a strong technical implementation background with either package or custom application systems. Knowledge in general operating system installations, upgrades, patches, backups, performance and tuning, security for the operating system environment, and managing the hardware and peripheral devices associated with ERP systems and relational database concepts and principles is essential. Strong knowledge of SAP R/3 development tools including ABAP Programming Language, ABAP objects and 4th generation object–oriented programming, SAP Data Dictionary components, SAP Exit and Enhancement tools, Portal structures, ABAP Dialog Programming, SAP Menu Painter coding, SAP diagnostic tools, PC environment, Windows server, and Oracle database platform.
Problem Solving/Decision-making: Position requires interpretation, discretion and judgment based on in-depth analysis of business processes and potential technical solutions at a high level as well as at the project level. Must be able to exercise independent decisions and problem resolution to identify the course of action to successfully complete a task or project. This also includes when and how to coordinate with clients and technical staff.
Organization / Communication: Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and stringent timelines, make sound priority judgments, and have the initiative to work independently as well as in a team setting. Effective written and oral communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy are essential. Strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required. Must be committed to provide a high level of customer service to clients.
Leadership: Individual will be expected to be able to manage individual projects, including two-way communication with the rest of the team. Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for coworkers; provide constructive feedback to others. Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections tactfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems or related field
- 5 years of hands-on experience in implementing and supporting SAP/Oracle
- Application programming / development experience to include application design, software analysis/development, code performance tuning, and general troubleshooting
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
For immediate consideration please send your resume to Nwaste@careersolutionsus.com.
Top Career Solutions specializes in executive search and job placement. We recruit experienced, qualified career professionals in the fields of engineering, IT, design, information systems and management who are actively or passively seeking new employment opportunities. Our specialized executive recruiters have experience with a wide variety of industries and work with the most talented individuals in their fields.
Top Career Solutions is in Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer
Eden Prairie, MN
How to apply
Email your resume to Nwaste@careersolutionsus.com.