MN Department of Human Services
St. Paul, MN
The Enterprise Architecture Business Consultant is high quality, broad scope professional position with the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) offering the opportunity to apply your business analysis expertise and talents to: (1) guide strategic and long-range planning within the DHS Office of Enterprise Architecture; (2) lead work on the strategic application of technology in DHS to achieve the agency’s vision for business services; and (3) consult with employees at all levels to help articulate and support DHS business plans.
The Department of Human Services helps provide essential services to Minnesota’s most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children, and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. In addition to challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment in the historic state capitol district of St. Paul.
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) Business Consultant will provide leadership to cross-agency teams developing, refining and acquiring information technology (IT) systems at the state and local level to support business programs and service priorities within the Department of Human Services (DHS) that align with the DHS vision for enterprise architecture (person-centered and business driven). This position will also provide key leadership for EA governance functions, such as the Enterprise Architecture Board, domain teams, sub-groups, etc.
In addition, the Business Consultant will lead and participate in efforts to manage agency IT resources, define and control scope of work efforts, and set and manage agency standards through the EA governance structure. Along with providing ongoing consultation to DHS and MN.IT Services management in relation to business needs for IT, this position will also help develop and recommend budgetary and legislative proposals, including new and revised statutes, rules, policies, procedures and budget requests concerning the implementation of DHS business through technology.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
• At least three years of advanced professional experience as a business analyst.
• Experience working with IT systems and technology solutions sufficient to provide leadership to technical and policy professionals.
• Advanced knowledge of the methods and techniques of systems analysis and design.
• Knowledge of programs administered by DHS.
• Ability to establish effective and harmonious working relationships and function as a team leader.
• Ability to determine the reliability of and make appropriate decisions based on the expertise and information provided by persons having a variety of specializations needed by DHS initiatives.
• Ability to break down complex problems into their component parts, analyze the components, draw conclusions, and relate these conclusions and recommendations in a clear and convincing way; assimilate business policy into practice; deal effectively with multiple interests; and collaborate well with others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with technical and business management and staff so they may understand both business needs and technological solutions.
• Ability to function effectively in a deadline driven environment.
Knowledge of and practical experience with the following:
• Functional decomposition.
• Business rules technology, testing and quality assurance.
• Business architecture (including Business Process modeling).
• Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA).
• Software development life cycle processes and methodologies.
• Project management.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• Paid vacation time
• Paid sick time
• 11 paid holidays
• Life insurance (optional family)
• Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
• Ongoing educational opportunities
• Short-term disability
• Long-term disability
• Health care savings plan
• Pension and retirement savings plan
• Pre-tax benefits
• Credit union membership available
• Optional retirement savings plan
St. Paul, MN
How to apply
Contact us! The Recruitment Office is glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or submit your resume by email (please reference the “EA Business Consultant” position in the subject line):
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS JUNE 27th, 2012.
The Recruitment Office will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer