Contract through 8/31/12.
JOB SUMMARY: The programmer analyst is responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of an application.
- Participates in performing system analysis, estimating work effort, and writing design documents that meet requirements.
- Designs and develops software product applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use.
- Writes code in a high level program language using a formal approach to meet the system requirements and applies standard logic for individual applications.
- Unit tests the code to ensure it functions as designed.
- Supports the implementation of code into production.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise during the lifecycle of a project and escalate as appropriate.
- As directed, participates in conducting analysis, design and implementation of computer-based information systems to meet specified design requirements and specifications.
- Translates detailed design specifications into computer program instructions, debugs routine programs, prepares systems test data and prepares program documentation.
- Modifies, maintains, and updates existing programs of a standard nature.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting procedures, forms and system documentation.
- Works on multiple tasks or more complex tasks.
- May perform some systems analysis in order to determine most effective design strategy.
- Prepares block diagrams, over-all flow charts, statements of program objectives and associated documentation.
- Performs product design, bug verification, and beta support which may require research and analysis.
- Assists with conversion and system implementation plans.
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- May consult with senior peers on certain projects.
- Manages client relationships by effectively building knowledge base about client's business, identifying their needs, evaluating solutions, setting and managing expectations, continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Follows our IT standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other qualifications necessary:
- Working with clients in a professional and timely manner.
- Comfortable presenting ideas, designs and system demos to clients.
- Responsibility includes working production support tickets. Must be able to trouble shoot issues and work
- with end users in a professional manner.
- After hours support is sometimes necessary. Required to work a few hours on occasional weekends to support deployments.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (requirements, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, functional QA, regression QA, UAT, deployment, warranty, production support)
- Time management and organizational skills needed to be able to efficiently handle multiple responsibilities and meet timelines set by project manager.
Other technical qualifications needed for this position include:
- Must be efficient using Java in a web application environment. Our application is Java based.
- Must have experience with SQL (We use Microsoft SQL Server)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), a related field or equivalent
- experience, and 3-5 years systems analysis/programming activities in a business environment
- Extensive experience in various SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.)
- Previous experience with project methodologies and best practices
- Other preferred experience includes the ability to efficiently use the following tools/technologies:
- Web Services
- Working knowledge with design patterns
- Proficiency with MS SQL Server and Windows Servers
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, JAVA, HTML
ENVIRONMENT AND COGNITIVE/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Office environment
- Ability to read, hear, speak, keyboard, reason and problem solve.
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone usage. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones or copiers. Requires normal vision range. Infrequent lifting up to 15 pounds.
Eden Prairie, MN
How to apply
Send your resume for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org