- Employ a variety of user-centered design methods to help learn about users and convey a site or application’s experience.
- Conduct stakeholder and user research to learn business and user needs and desires.
- Analyze business requirements, research findings, and the audience’s processes, tasks and goals.
- Work with project teams to translate findings into coherent user interfaces that are intuitive and innovative.
- Document design intent clearly for both business and technical audiences, using site maps, wireframes, and interaction flow diagrams with appropriate functional and behavioral annotations.
- Advocate for the target end-users throughout the development process, using personas and scenarios as aids in prioritization of issues and functionality.
- Identify potential usability issues early, and devise solutions that are appropriate to the target users and their tasks.
- Provide project teams with recommendations for the practical trade-offs that get usable well-designed products and sites up and running.
- Take a joke.
- Professional experience as a user experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role).
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing is desired.
- Knowledge or experience with Flash, DHTML, JS, AJAX, etc. is desired.
- Proficient in a variety of design tools including OmniGraffle, Visio, InDesign, the MS Office Suite, etc.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once.
- Not afraid of technology.
- A lovable geek.
How to apply