Make a difference working with the Minnesota Department of Human Services!
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced professional to provide highly technical health care data analyses to enable Health Care Administration (HCA) to meet its responsibilities as the purchaser and manager of Minnesota Health Care Programs. This includes conducting analyses and interpreting health care data necessary to support management decision making and strategic planning for health care programs.
In addition to challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment in the historic state capitol district of St. Paul. We offer flexible work schedules, Monday-Friday work week and weekends off. Work independently or as part of team. Don’t miss your opportunity to start a rewarding career with the Department of Human Services!
Note: We are currently looking to fill multiple identical positions.
- Design and produce highly technical health care data analyses to enable HCA to meet its responsibilities as the purchaser and manager of Minnesota Health Care Programs.
- Provide technical consultation to HCA and DHS management and staff, and function as subject matter expert for DHS health care data analysis.
- Interpret data analyses to support management decision-making and strategic planning for health care programs.
- Master’s degree in a health care, technical, scientific or quantitative field and one year of experience with SAS software or SQL programming OR Bachelor's degree in a health care, technical, scientific, or quantitative field and two years of experience with SAS software or SQL programming
- Experience with relational databases and/or data warehousing.
- High-level understanding of a health care claims processing system.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement technically complex health care quality and performance measures.
- Ability to translate technical language and concepts for non-technical management and policy staff, as well as able to understand and apply policies and program details in technical work.
- Knowledge and experience with data collection, manipulation, transformation, analysis, and interpretation, including basic statistical techniques.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance (optional family)
- Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Health care savings plan
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Pre-tax benefits
- Credit union membership available
- Optional retirement savings plan
St. Paul, MN
How to apply
Contact us! The Recruitment Office is glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or submit your resume by email (please reference the “Health Care Data Analyst” position in the subject line): Phone/Job Hotline: 651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643 Email: email@example.com DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS 12:00 NOON MONDAY, AUGUST 20th, 2012. The Recruitment Office will contact you within 2 business days regarding your inquiry. An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer