- BA/BS degree in MIS, computer science, graphic design, or closely related field to include experience in interactive marketing, advertising, visual communication, design or a combination of education and experience working in interactive marketing, advertising, visual communication, design, or computer science to total four years.
- Experience with programs such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash and other Web and multi-media development tools
- Three-five years design experience with a design firm, advertising agency, corporate, or other complex environment on large scale web projects
- Demonstrated familiarity with server-side programming using a server-side scripting language like PHP, Python or Ruby and know how to run queries with MySQL.
- A demonstrated strong understanding of brand and brand integrity
- Proven sound understanding of marketing, communication, and brand strategy
- A proven strong understanding of usability best practices
- Experience with HTML email design and production
- Experience testing on multiple platforms and browsers
- Experience working with clients and internal creative teams
- Experience partnering with a copywriter/information architect and print designer
- Experience working with Flash, video, and other types of multimedia
- Experience working with a Content Management System
- Experience working with a technical development group
- Experience working in higher education settings
- Experience using style guides
- Must be a proven self-starter and able to manage projects from start to finish.
- Must demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Must have a proven willingness to learn new technologies.
Perform these day-to-day activities required to advance Carlson School marketing communication initiatives:
1. Front end Development (60%)
2. Project management and client service (10%)
3. Interactive Design (25%)
4. Brand Stewardship (5%)
Carlson School of Management
How to apply
Apply online at https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=560331