.Net Application Developer
DCM Services was just named one of the “Best Places to Work” for the fourth year in a row! This industry-wide, national recognition was based on a two-part employee survey that evaluated the employee experience along with workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics.
While we’re proud that our employees clearly enjoy working here, we’re not really surprised. That’s because we care about our employees’ work experience. We provide one of the best, most supportive training programs in the business. We recognize and reward performance. And we encourage feedback. Your opinions and ideas will always be welcome here.
DCM Services hires outstanding people, and provides them with support, training and opportunity to maximize their potential. We offer an upbeat, fun work atmosphere, and provide limitless opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Create various applications utilizing Visual Studio 2010; ranging in complexity from small individual projects to large full team efforts.
- Maintain and build relational databases, TSQL code, and SSIS packages in MS SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation to aid in the support and continued development of applications.
- Participate in the software testing process by preparing, executing, and documenting tests.
- Work with Project Managers and other business functions to help derive requirements and aid in the application design process.
- Support business users through reporting requests and providing analytical data as required.
- Understand and adhere to Company security information and privacy responsibilities as detailed in the Information Resource Usage Policy, Employee Manual, and client-specific publications
To apply for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (MIS/CS) and 3-5 years related work experience (or commensurate work experience without degree).
- Experience creating and maintaining relational databases using MS SQL Server.
- Excellent object oriented coding practices.
- User Interface development experience using Adobe Flex a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with structured change control processes and source code version control.
- Proven commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and structured, process-based thinking.
Pay, Incentives and On-going Support
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401(k) retirement: eligible in one year with company matching
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off after 90-day probationary period
- Family friendly, flexible work schedules
- Internal advancement opportunities
- We’re conveniently located in the Best Buy Corporate Headquarters with three metro transit stations with free commuter resources
- In addition to frequent complimentary employee snacks and lunches, the Campus also has an On-site Cafeteria, 2 Caribou Coffee locations, US Bank, Game Room, Fitness Center, as well as a Farmer’s market on Tuesday’s throughout the growing season
EOE, drug free workplace.