Become a valued member of the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Development Team!
The MN-IT Services/Minnesota Department of Human Services has an opportunity for a talented Lead Java Analyst/Developer to work as a member of the MMIS Division Development Team! You will have the opportunity to create and support program applications within an object oriented server-based environment. This position is an opportunity to use your creativity and problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions and promote the use of reusable technology to meet customer needs. We seek applicants with a high level of initiative and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently with minimal supervision, and who can also communicate effectively to coordinate and direct group projects that include both technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
In addition to new technology, challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, MN-ITS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment. Our mission, working with many others, is to help people meet their basic needs, live in dignity, and achieve their highest potential. We dedicate our talents to serving diverse communities through health care and human services programs. Consider joining us for a new direction in your development career!
This position will provide on-going maintenance and project development support for the MN-ITS application systems within the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Division. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and perform systems analysis, design and software development for project and maintenance change requests using process server and enterprise service bus technologies.
- Thoroughly test and document all design, programming and deployment notes for changes to the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Perform the above tasks to meet customer objectives as well as system performance standards.
- Help set and follow standards in design, programming, deployments and documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Work in a team environment or independently to create and support program applications within an object oriented server based environment.
- Five years of experience in design, development, testing and debugging major applications in an object oriented paradigm using a system development life cycle, Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JSF (or similar frameworks), as well as RAD or Eclipse based development tools.
- Two years of experience using middle ware products such as Websphere Enterprise Service Bus (WESB), Websphere Process Server (WPS), Websphere Integration Developer (WID).
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational data bases, file structures, data representation and data modeling from a development perspective.
- Experience in Web Service development.
- Knowledge of MQ Series and CICS transaction gateway from a development perspective.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve application problems in desktop and test region environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and human relations skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Knowledge of Websphere Transformation Extender (WTX) is a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance (optional family)
- Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Health care savings plan
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Pre-tax benefits
- Credit union membership available
St. Paul, MN
How to apply
Contact us! We are glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or submit your resume by email (please reference “Lead Java Analyst/Developer” in the subject line):
Phone/Job Hotline: 651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643; Email: email@example.com
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012. The Recruitment Office will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days. An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer