Flight Simulator Technician
CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets.
Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
SIMULATOR TECHNICIAN I Position Type:
- Role and Responsibilities
Summary of the Job:
At this level, the Simulator Technician I performs routine technical tasks on site, in field or laboratory. He/She also receives training in the various phases of laboratory, office, or field technical work. The ideal candidate meets the desired skills and experience listed below and fosters a positive work environment thru his/her strong teamwork and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and perform Preventive Maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Assist in diagnosing and correcting problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Utilize Maintenance Management System to record and track maintenance activities.
- Complete all designated training activities.
- Perform preflight and post flight on designated simulators.
- Perform basic visual alignments.
- Run automatic QTG's.
- Assist with refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Learn and comply with CAE Quality Management System.
- Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
- Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
- Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Perform tasks to support the technical services group as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Demonstrate ability to interpret system prints and schematics.
- Proficiency in operating test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, signal generator, logic analyzer, etc.).
- Knowledge in analog and digital theory.
- Computer literate (PC and / or computer mainframe/architecture).
- Proficiency in soldering and circuit board repairs.
- Some Knowledge of MS-Office tools and suite