Senior Software Engineer
If you want to be a number, look elsewhere. It’s that simple. But if you want challenge and reward, read on. Because for those of you brave enough and talented enough, you can contribute to a company honored with multiple Best Places to Work awards (from Minnesota Business Magazine and the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal) 100 Best Places to Work, and a 2014 Minnesota Business Ethics Award Finalist.
We are a digital agency seeking ridiculous talent. Personality and cultural mojo will be as important as skillset because our culture and pace are unique and not for everyone. And we’re only closed 2 days a year: St. Patrick’s Day and the day after. Kidding. Sort of. Our culture is based on a combination of Business First, Online Second™ (our “Why”), Partnerships - Not Transactions (our “How”) and POTIS (ask us what this means).
Senior Software Engineer is responsible for managing the quality and budget of their assigned web projects for Irish Titan, as well as the quality of work of the software engineers that assist on their development efforts. The Senior Software Engineer ensures their projects are accurately estimated and developed, and help other software engineers working on the project to understand what they need to build and that they are building it the right way. The ideal candidate for this position must possess an understanding of relational databases, application architecture, and other backend technical capabilities.
- Own backend development effort for 2-4 simultaneous projects at a time, while providing oversite and leadership for other engineers performing coding responsibilities on other projects
- Working with clients to solicit information necessary to write functional and technical requirements
- Reviewing functional and technical requirements for missing information
- Breaking projects down into tasks and correctly estimating time required for task completion
- Staying up-to-date with software versions of the packages we use in development and scheduling upgrades where needed
- Writing documentation, as needed, on produced software and how to work with it
- Maintaining high quality code by having unit-testing processes defined at a minimum, and coded in place ideally
- POTIS. Which means that there isn’t a lot of room for “that’s not my job” mentalities. You must display confidence and enthusiasm when executing tasks and be willing to help wherever you’re needed.
- We’re running fast, so experience and comfort level with a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture is a must
- At least 2 years experience with MySQL syntax and database structures
- At least 2 years experience with C# (highly beneficial), PHP and Laravel.
- At least 2 years experience with html and CSS.
- Magento Developer plus certification (a plus)
- Experience with other languages and frameworks such as Java and python (a plus)
- Experience with mobile app development for Android and iOS (a plus)
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
5320 West 23rd Street, Suite 300, Edina, MN