BestBuy.com is one of the 10 largest e-commerce sites on the internet, with a billion visits each year. Another billion visitors shop our physical stores. Best Buy is not only a retailer but also a technology-based company, where technology itself is at the heart of our operation.
What you will do:
- You will implement software in the Services ecosystem, using open-source solutions with a focus on customer experience, sophistication and scale.
- You will assist the team in adding enhancements to our system, refactoring technical debt, and researching new technologies and frameworks.
- You will join an agile team; participating in stand-ups, iteration planning, design reviews and other typical agile ceremonies.
- You will lead in the design, development, deployment and support of software to create business value.
- You will provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment.
- You will support applications in production.
- You will take an active role in identifying process issues and suggestions for improvement.
- You will learn and teach others. The team is built on the premise that learning is never-ending and essential.
The impact you will have:
- You will make contributions on a complex, high-scale solution stack serving strategically important business functionality.
- You will design and implement systems that offer best-in-class resilience and customer experience and watch them stand up to massive holiday load spikes.
Skills & Requirements:
4+ years of experience developing customer-facing software in a service-oriented architecture, with concentrations in:
- Programming for concurrency & scalability
- Integrating with REST-ful web services
- Test-driven development
- Responsive design
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience working on teams using agile methodologies
- Comfort working with Mac OS X and Linux command line/shell scripting
- Specific software development experience in:
- React/Redux, Backbone.js, Dust.js, Less.js
- Testing tools such as Enzyme and Jest
7601 Penn Avenue S, Richfield, MN 55423