Are you looking for a place where you can have an impact? SportsEngine is adding a Product Manager to our Minneapolis team. This highly visible position is a primary contributor of SportsEngine strategic growth goals by improving existing products and creating new products.
The Product Manager is responsible for identifying market needs and transitioning these needs into SportsEngine products and solutions. The product manager acts as the product champion for their product(s), confirming SportsEngine’s product(s); address market needs, differentiate from competition and drive revenue and profit growth. The product manager uses influence throughout the organization to confirm successful delivery of new releases, new products and achievement to their product metrics. These metrics include product revenue, product profit and new customer adoption and low churn.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through Sports. In addition to teaching them about their sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they are heroes. We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates thought leadership with how product(s) address key market problems/needs
- Responsible for setting product direction and product planning
- Works closely with the engineering team to lead and manage through the Agile/scrum process
- Listens to the market to determine needs by actively engaging with customers, and participating in youth sports events and organizations for primary research and experience
- Creates business cases to justify investment in additional product capabilities
- Determines how best to incorporate new product capability via build, partner, buy evaluations
- Manages contact with customers, industry influencers and strategic partners to obtain competitive and market data for product
- Oversees commercialization/launch process for product releases to confirm successful delivery of new product capabilities from concept to post launch delivery
- Responsible for market requirements, pricing, market sizing, competitive analysis for product(s)
- Leads cross functional teams for successful delivery of new products to market
- Supports strategic sales opportunities with product
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills
- 5+ years working as a technology product manager, SaaS is preferred
- Demonstrates logic and creatively when solving problems
- Exercises judgment with respect to managing priorities, resources and risk
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Have 5+ years of professional experience working on consumer and business web applications
- Demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results.
- Customer-centric orientation with proven track record of developing and acting on customer insights.
- Familiarity with Scrum / Agile Development will be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
How to Apply