What is the name of the company and/or product? Where is it found online?
What problem does this solve?
- Helps stop the environmental impact of junk mail – 100 million trees, 28 billion gallons of water, and the pollution to make and transport it.
- Helps eliminate some of the 41 pounds of junk mail sent to your home each year.
- Viewers are paid (a significant amount: $0.50, $1.00, $2.00, or more per ad) to view advertising. Viewers finally receive value for something many marketers already have/exploit; the Viewer’s personal demographic information.
What is the full launch/release date planned?
- January 1, 2013. The system is fully baked and includes everything noted in Q5, and more. Full launch relies on “pre-selling” the concept to Viewers, obtaining their basic information, and the Viewers’ willingness to help promote The AdSight as a:
- Green alternative to junk mail.
- Way to make money from their personal data (demographics).
- Source of funding for NGOs – The AdSight enables Viewers to donate their earnings to NGOs and allows NGOs to make money by referring their members ($1 for each new Viewer they help sign up).
Who is on the team?
- Chad Baures – Founder
- All others are contractors including: marketing, PR, website developement, legal, etc.
- BTW: I would consider partners, especially on the sales side.
What is the specific technology or combination of technologies, framework, languages, etc. that makes this thing run? Is there any IP?
- The site is built on Python and other languages with integrations for:
- PayPal & Dwolla
- Real-time knowledge-based authentication of Viewers
- Real-time pull of Viewer demographics information from national databases (think LexisNexis, though it isn’t)
- Advertiser analytics – http://piwik.org/
- Custom Ad-Serving
- IP – based on “Value Matching” (not bidding) between Advertisers and Viewers. Advertisers set a maximum value they are willing to pay for a specific demographic group > Viewers set a minimum value they are willing to accept to view advertising (minimum $0.50) > The AdSight matches the two and takes a percentage of the difference.
Is there a revenue model? How big is the market?
- It would be a cliche to say it’s a $50 billion market, so I’ll resist the urge. It’s definitely bigger than needed to be successful.
- Revenue model as above in Q5: “Value Matching” (not bidding) between Advertisers and Viewers. Advertisers set a maximum value they are willing to pay for a specific demographic group > Viewers set a minimum value they are willing to accept to view advertising (minimum $0.50) > The AdSight matches the two and takes a percentage of the difference.
What is your greatest strength?
- A full and complete demographics matching, ad-serving, and ad-tracking system waiting to be utilized.
What is your biggest weakness?
- Limited funding to hire the sales and marketing talent necessary to promote The AdSight on a large scale.
What is one resource you could use that would take this to the next level?
- Funding to promote The AdSight to Viewers and Advertisers.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Call or email with any questions: Chad.Baures@TheAdSight.com & 612.735.3946; Penelope Austin – PR contact: Penelope.Austin@TheAdSight.com & 612-584-1822