MSP coworking outfit CoCo wants to source and send a local startup to a Google-hosted Demo Day in Silicon Valley this April.
“To the best of our knowledge this is the first time Google has hosted their own Demo Day for startups, and we’re excited to be part of this unique opportunity,” he says. Startups that participate in the Demo Day will have the chance to pitch to judges, interact with Google employees and share time with other ventures from across North America.
As a starting point, CoCo is going to host it’s own pitch competition on Feb. 21 at an exclusive member event. Five semifinalist startups will make their pitches and the winner, as chosen by a panel of judges, will go on to the Google Demo Day event. A runner-up will also be chosen as a backup and for a possible wildcard round.
- CoCo members only (Currently or all founders joined with a minimum 6-month commitment by 2/21)
- Should have a live product that is getting customer traction.
- Should actively be seeking investment, or strongly considering it in the near future.
- Should be willing to travel to California for two days to succinctly explain their company; co-founders’ backgrounds; product; and market fit to investors, Google product experts and others in the Silicon Valley technology community.
- May come from any industry, but should be growth (not lifestyle) businesses, and understand that most Demo Day investors and product experts will have technology backgrounds.
- May be at any stage of fundraising.