Now there’s a new spin on the idea: Venture Lake. Little is known about this taxpayer subsidized and politically connected nonprofit concerned with entrepreneurship in Minnesota. Considering the track record of secrecy behind these types of things, inquiring minds would like to know:
1) What is the relationship between AccelerateMSP and Venture Lake?
2) What is legal name of the entity and where are the articles of incorporation located?
3) Who are the registered owners of the organization, who is on the board?
4) For what purpose was it established?
5) Is there a connection between Venture Lake and the University of Minnesota, aside from Pamela York’s marriage to Director Jay Schrankler?
6) How much in City, State, or Federal funds have been allocated towards Venture Lake, including its predecessor AccelerateMSP?
7) What is the role/relationship between Venture Lake and the City of St. Paul, The City of Minneapolis, and the State of Minnesota — including any public offices/agents/employees affiliated?
8) How is a nonprofit such as Venture Lake entrepreneurial in nature?
9) What entrepreneurs, startups, or businesses are suggesting that Venture Lake is wanted and needed?
10) Is there anything you would like to add?