Via News Release
“Calling all creative thinkers, developers, designers, makers, and more! Have a great idea about how art and technology can intersect? Want to help Mia break new ground and shatter some stuffy old rules? Let your imagination loose and make your mark.”
You could win $25,000 in cash, an additional $25,000 for research, development, and the opportunity meet and work with with industry leaders from Mia, 3M, Best Buy, Microsoft, and others to help bring your concept to life. It’s your pitch. Show us what you’ve got.
If you’re passionate about art and technology and have an idea about how to enhance the museum experience, here’s your chance to impress the best. Our panel of digital experts is looking for innovative, out-of-the box concepts that will inspire, connect, and engage museum audiences—young and old alike. Submit one, or several ideas.
The best entries will be:
- Innovative and creative. We’re looking for something that’s never been done before.
- Engaging to the user throughout their museum experience.
- Accessible to all audiences, including those historically underserved.
- Multifaceted, offering deep audience engagement via digital platforms, interfaces, tools, experiences, etc.
- Impressive, impactful, offer ample “wow factor,” or hold a pleasant surprise.
- Feasible and reflect practical needs for implementation.
Contestants should demonstrate:
- The capability, availability and skills to implement the Project described in the Entry
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Previous success at similar efforts
The 3M Art and Technology Competition recognizes artistry and innovation in the field of technology. As partners with shared interest in how technology, design and experience come together to enrich arts and culture, 3M and Mia are pleased to collaborate on this exciting program. Thanks to 3M for their generous financial support of this program.