The two companies had been collaborating for months leading up to the September 2013 deal that was under wraps until now, unveiling the combined ‘Sport Ngin Suite’ this past weekend and subsequently launching FASTHockey 360°.
The experience is hosted by brothers Caleb & Seth Gandara, bringing their coastal adventures home for the season to mingle with peers from the local tech scene.
Stealth mode Minnesota startup Andas is raising $250k in equity financing ($155k closed) according to a recent SEC disclosure.
Based off IP from the University of Minnesota, the venture is developing and producing breathalyzer technology integrated into smartphones through a peripheral device.
Minnesota B2b startup Docalytics has raised $300k while nearing another $200k to hit a $500k target close.
The venture was born during Startup Weekend Twin Cities 3 [formerly Tinderdocs] and continued to iterate and grow, becoming a 2012 Minnesota Cup finalist followed by three months inside Wisconsin’s Gener8tor program.
The company’s plugin-free document viewer makes PDF content readable and sharable across web/mobile/tablet environments while enabling lead capture and conversion through usage data collection and reporting. In this nifty example, scrolling past page three prompts ‘a required action’, which in this case, involves providing a company name and title to continue.
Call it what you will — Bitcoin is pushing the limits of modern money, captivating the hearts and minds of the world with the promise of greater security,
inherent decentralization, and economic efficiency.
From anonymous netizens and free market libertarians to entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, Bitcoin has reached a status (however controversial) unrivaled by any virtual currency introduced to date. As the federal government and mainstream media increasingly weigh in, Bitcoin is becoming harder to ignore with every passing day.
While Minnesota, and the US in general, lags behind the forefront of this movement (see Europe & Canada), there are early merchant adopters popping up everywhere. We’ve reached out to some local businesses based here in Minnesota to learn more about their Bitcoin adventures:
Now capitalized over $2om (+undoubtedly some friends and family money from Epicor), CEO and veteran ERP exec Lauri Klaus has publicly stated KeyedIn’s goal on no uncertain terms: $100m in annual revenue by three years, eventually to become a $1b public company.
Thank you to our sponsors
Recently on TECHdotMN TVWatch All
New Job Postings
- System Administrator
- .NET Developer
Blue Earth Interactive
- Application Developer/Analyst II-BI
- Dec 13Early.VC Presents: Holiday Night Mix
Muse Event Center
- Dec 14TIES 2013 Education Technology Conference
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Dec 14Minneapolis Global Day of Coderetreat
Software for Good
TECHdotMN on Twitter
- MIN-Corps aims to catalyze U of M CSE, Carlson and OTC: http://t.co/0DjUyrQEsa #
- CLP said "TECHdotMN — Pritzker Group Private Capital Acquires Milestone AV http://t.co/RFNgK5XO4H" #
- Parsec Labs LLC said "@TECHdotMN Thanks for picking up the CRN coverage - #ParsecLabs is one of the coolest #storage startups http://t.co/Z8Ng0Y8Adp" #
- Pritzker Group Private Capital Acquires Milestone AV: http://t.co/GUOGrTcEmY #
- Tonka Bay sells Apex Information Technology (via Minneapolis-St.Paul Business Journal): http://t.co/83TSYszIqN #