Launched last summer by industry veterans seeking to “spark a movement to help Minnesota’s software economy rank among the most vibrant and respected in the nation,” MESA has recently engaged with Toovio, a Minneapolis startup pioneering ‘insight as a service’ in the enterprise retail environment.
Toovio’s technology involves realtime marketing solutions and is the personalization engine behind local venture Talking Fish, amongst 5 other global implementations, Smith explains over coffee in downtown Minneapolis alongside partner Chad Ashcraft.
“We originally started developing Toovio in Florida last fall, where our key resources were located…but we always felt that the company would end up going and growing in a different place once the technology was brought to market,” Smith says, noting the company is on track for $400k in revenue by the end of this year.
Thank you to our sponsors
Recently on TECHdotMN TVWatch All
New Job Postings
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Product Management Associate – Social Media & Analytics
- Sr. Database Engineer
- May 23Capital Call
- May 23Innovators & Entrepreneurs of the Twin Cities
- May 23Bootstrappers Breakfast
TECHdotMN on Twitter
- Patents on Tap - Added to Calendar of Events (6/20): http://t.co/OdYCLqTmDL | To List: http://t.co/LYAmWSo2vb #
- JAMF Software said "Proud to be a @TECHdotMN sponsor. Thanks for serving MN's tech community! http://t.co/64iYwbgvv2" #
- Startups Retweeter said "@mritchie We'd love to see you involved in the #Startup scene in Minnesota :) @HealthcareMN @TECHdotMN @RailsMN" #
- Beta Byte - Mobile Composer: http://t.co/U8Mu7JyAgm #
- Multiband gets acquired by Goodman Networks for $116m (via NR): http://t.co/NlapuKbotl #