Girls Who Code - Intro To Comp Sci Summer Camp
This introductory course uses Scratch, a drag-and-drop programming language, and Makey Makey to introduce girls to the fundamentals and creative power of computer science and physical computing. During week one, girls will spend their mornings working on projects that are designed to teach the Girls Who Code Core4 Programming Concepts (loops, variables, conditionals, and functions) which are used to build everything from websites to apps and robots. In the afternoons they will dive into the world of physical computing with Makey Makey, learning about circuits and how to design devices that interact with the programs they code. In week two, girls will use their knowledge and skills developed in week one to design, build, and present a team project about a topic or issue that matters to them. At the end of the program each student will be able to take home their Scratch projects and their Makey Makey invention kits.
Your Tuition includes...
- High-caliber Girls Who Code trained instructors
- Access to our rigorous, project-based curriculum designed by experts for girls
- Access to a laptop and all technology requirements
- Final project & student’s code base
- Makey Makey physical computing kit and all lab materials
- Girls Who Code Swag, such as a T-shirt, water bottle, stickers, and more!
- Girls Who Code Campus completion certificate
- Access to the Girls Who Code alumni network, including our community mobile app, Girls Who Code Loop, our internship platform, HireMe, and our alumni newsletter
Convent of the Visitation School
2455 Visitation Dr
Mendota Heights, MN