The Twin Ignition Startup Garage, a coworking space for startups that’s located in Northeast Minneapolis, is seeking an Operations Manager! At Twin Ignition, the Operations Manager is the heartbeat of our founder community. The individual in this role is the first point of contact for startup founders as they explore office space, investment, and mentorship. They connect us with the broader founder network to host pitch events, happy hours, training sessions, press conferences, and Art-A-Whirl. Bookkeeping, member and tenant management, and maintaining the office space is what keeps our small business running smoothly. If you’re interested in being around founders and founding teams that are taking ideas and turning them into businesses, we’d love to hear from you!
- Founders’ Workspace Management
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the coworking space and act as the face of the building and the main point of contact
- Manage communications with startups, including answering questions and sending mass communications
- Manage the space’s leasing and rent, including sending reminders to pay rent
- Give tours of the space to prospective founders and founding teams
- Organize happy hours and other events for startups
- Manage our social media channels, including LinkedIn and Facebook
- Manage the space’s accounting in Quickbooks, including reconciling the bank account, categorizing expenses, and recording bills
- Communicate with vendors, order office supplies, and tend to the kitchen regularly
- Occasionally help with administrative duties regarding the Twin Ignition Keg House, the sister building of the Twin Ignition Startup Garage
Startup Investment Activities:
- Run deal-flow of investments in startups, including organizing and/or participating in pitch meetings and collecting deal documents upon investment
- Schedule various meetings for the partners of Twin Ignition
- Keep the Twin Ignition website up-to-date with startups in which we’re invested
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coworking and/or commercial real estate experience is a plus
- Experienced with the Google and Microsoft Suites
- Experienced with Adobe, Quickbooks, and Buildium preferred, but not required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
In-person but open to some remote work
About 20-30 hours per week, flexible on the dates/times
- Hourly wage of $25-$30 per hour depending on experience.
- Free full-time access to our coworking space and resources.
- Medical and dental insurance not provided.
We’d like someone to start in this role in mid-March or early-April of 2023.
About the Twin Ignition Startup Garage:
The Twin Ignition Startup Garage is a completely-renovated 6,000 square-foot facility located in the heart of the historic Grain Belt Brewery Campus. The facility consists of 7 4-person office suites, 2 conference rooms, 16 reservable desks, 2 pods, a large kitchen/coffee area, a woodworking studio, and, of course, a garage door. The Startup Garage is home to over 15 early-stage companies, the BETA accelerator, and Minnesota’s first-check investment fund, Groove Capital. The facility was previously home to the 2021 & 2022 Twin Cities Startup Week’s Startup of the Year, TurnSignl, and was chosen by MN Governor Tim Walz as the location to launch Minnesota’s Department of Employment and Economic Development’s “Build What Matters in Minnesota'' initiative.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!
Attract Minnesota Talent
Share more about your company culture and open roles with MN Talent.