REPORTS TO Chief Operations Officer
EXPERIENCE 3+ years of data experience
ROLE DESCRIPTION The Analytics and Applications Manager is responsible for managing and analyzing business data to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas for and methods of improving operations. Lead, review, and provide recommendations to design and integrate new analytical processes to translate data into actionable insights to enhance organizational, analytical capabilities and support strategic business decision making. Manage third-party applications utilized by Mortarr, including Salesforce, Stripe, and the SQL database used by mortarr.com.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE You are a positive, enthusiastic team player with a strong drive and curiosity. While you (understandably) rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. Your teams’ success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization.
- Understand organizational business requirements for data and information to support business strategy and objectives
- Participate in weekly L10 meetings to integrate Analytics department to-dos with other departments in the pursuit of a common goal
- Define reporting metrics and design dashboards for both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders to leverage customer data and analytics to drive customer and business outcomes
- Build and manage a team of analytics professionals to provide analytics for customers and internal stakeholders and to build out and support Mortarr’s analytics
- Ensure all third-party applications integrate effectively with Mortarr.com
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written, oral communications and listening skills
- Experience with MySQL database structures, SQL query language, Python, Salesforce, Salesforce API
- Strong skills in time management and prioritization
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Interested in exploring new technology and media capabilities
- Willingness to take the reins and figure it out
- Furiously curious
- Excellent decision-making skills, self-assurance, and emotional intelligence BOTTOM LINE You are a puzzle fanatic and strive to fit all of the pieces together to form a beautiful picture
Make it Happen: A great idea is nothing if it never sees the light of day. We can’t just think it, or talk about it; we have to do it. No matter what stands in our way, we must find a way to get it done.
Pursue the Uncommon: Being average is not an option. To transform an entire industry, we have to be different. We must explore blue oceans, unchartered territory, pave ways not yet discovered. We must think big and do bigger.
Sweat the Details: Stick! Stick! Stick! Beauty isn’t in the details. It is the details. Always be mindful of the importance of everything we do because a collection of little things makes big things happen.
Ride the Tide: Dodge, dip, dive, and dodge. It’s best to avoid wrenches, but when they do come our way, we always make the best of the situation.
Mad Respect: No jerks allowed.