The Application Analyst position actively works to analyze, administer, and support a large multi-department application system with associated business processes. The scope of the work includes ongoing collaboration with business users to document business requirements and processes, determine technical definitions and specifications, application administration, application user support, and ongoing work to analyze application processes that can be improved.
Fulcrum Health is based in Plymouth, MN, and while staff is currently remote, the expectation is that this role will transition to on-site work at our HQ during the second quarter of 2021. As such, Fulcrum is only pursing local candidates for this role.
- Support of multi-user business applications with an internal and external userbase.
- Designs, build changes, extensions, and enhancements to existing Fulcrum applications and reports according to software standards and existing policies.
- Collaborate with the Operations teams to support existing functionality and management of production support issues and service level agreement performance
- Collaborate with the Operations teams to manage implementation of third-party vendor application solutions by creating test plans, analyzing test cases, identifying test and production issues, and escalating to appropriate teams.
- Technology liaison with the business, assisting with translation of business requirements to technical business application functional requirements to ensure design, development and testing meet Fulcrum’s custom business needs.
- Leads technical implementation of third-party vendor application releases, partnering with the Operations teams to assess impact to Fulcrum’s business process use of the application, manage software releases and facilitate change requests.
- Monitor applications for compliance to Information Technology standards and policies.
- Collaborate with the Data Development team to fully integrate application with existing data infrastructure.
- Maintain documentation of support cases and development roadmaps with hosting vendor
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, mathematics, or related fields
- Capability to work effectively from home during the COVID emergency
- Availability to work onsite in Fulcrum’s Plymouth MN office, full time
- 2-4 years of analysis experience
- 1-2 years of application support experience
- Experience with SQL, XML, and Web Services
- Healthcare EDI experience a plus
- Healthcare organization experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload while providing support to multiple internal and external stakeholders.