The Application Developer Consultant shall professionally perform
software development, systems analysis, systems development, professional engineering, consulting, technical writing or other specialized technical work as directed for SCS and our clients using his or her own discretion and independent judgment.
- Develops basic and detailed computer program specifications.
- Ensures that expected software application performance levels are achieved.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk.
- Assists and/or leads technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Identifies and manages computer, system and software interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
- Works independently to ascertain system integration, productivity and problems; then formulates and, at times, implements response to identified issue.
- Demonstrates good understanding of the business needs driving the projects.
- Develops understanding of client needs through own initiative to engage in detailed communications, meetings, and correspondence with client and SCS.
- Expands knowledge and skills by attending classes and/or performing self-study.
- Conveys project status effectively using status reports and other verbal and written communication.
- Assists with other duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Mastery of programming best practices
- Current and recent .NET programming language skills and experience
- Microsoft user interface development
- Experience designing applications in a business analysis role
- Graphical user interface design skills and experience
- Displays confidence to design and deliver technology solutions
- Willing to share knowledge freely
- Self-motivated and good work ethic
- Ability to work independently on matters of significance
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to understand business practices and business information and to communicate effectively with both businesspeople and technical staff
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS
- Consulting experience
- .NET Core and Angular Development Experience
- Database experience, preferably using MS SQL Server. Experience with T-SQL, table design, stored procedures, and functions
- (Optional) Experience developing applications that interact with SQL Server Reporting Services or PowerBI
- Ability and track record of learning new tools and technologies