Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology (IT), the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Information Technology, Architecture and Engineering, leads the architectural design and technical engineering of technology solutions for the Bank. You will have primary leadership responsibility for the Bank's local technical strategies including architectures and platforms and capabilities required on premise or in the cloud. You will promote adoption of engineering and agile delivery best practices while creating a culture of innovation, quality and continuous improvement.
Working with the VP of IT, the AVP establishes IT goals, strategy and priorities and adjusting direction to respond to Bank programs, Federal Reserve System (System) direction, and industry changes. The AVP is an active member of the Bank's leadership team, and will advise on Bank-wide policies, procedures and the work environment. Central to this role is achievement of the Bank's strategic efforts to achieve operational excellence and thought leadership for the Federal Reserve System and for the public, and to foster a diverse and inclusive culture. You will work across departments in the organization with a Bank-wide and System-wide perspective and an emphasis on collaboration and consensus building.
- Lead the Architecture, Engineering and Operations/Enablement teams to deliver critical technology solutions for the bank and across the entire Federal Reserve system.
- Promote agile product and platform development while leverage flexible operating models across multiple teams.
- Be the leader and liaison between executive management and engineering within the Federal Reserve System. Work with the leadership team to develop a technology vision that supports organization needs and business goals.
- Champion the use of new technology platforms, architectures and processes to meet and adapt to business needs and strategies.
- Develop and execute strategies and plans plans for design and implementation of innovative architectures and solutions supporting current or future needs in collaboration with senior management across the Bank.
- Partner with Finance with budget responsibilities and ensure alignment with all financial targets.
- Participate and respond to internal RFPs to bid for new programs.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and support for IT to ensure management and staff understand and meet delivery, financial, productivity, service, and quality goals.
- Establish goals and priorities and adjust direction to respond to Bank programs, System IT direction, and industry changes.
- Recruit, retain and develop talent in the organization. Build teams of customer-focused engineers who use technology to enable our business. Identify and develop future leaders within the technology organization.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Department, Bank, and System policies, standards, service and quality measures, procedures, and controls to ensure the highest level of public confidence and operational integrity.
- Ensure the Bank's information security environment complies with System standards and controls and protects the IT infrastructure and information assets of the Bank.
- Represent the Bank at all levels across the System, and may assume leadership positions at the System level, including developing, recommending and implementing initiatives.
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and received all approved boosters or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years of progressively more responsible professional experience in information technology in a complex IT environment with diverse technologies, solutions architectures and customer demands. Four or more years of demonstrated leadership experience (to include direct supervision/management) with responsibility for cloud technologies, solutions architecture, product and program management, process engineering, solutions development using an agile framework, data management and/or technical support of complex mission-critical systems. Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology and technology solutions delivery and management.
- Visionary leader with personal and professional credibility and integrity.
- Record of addressing substantial challenges and driving change through collaboration and matrix management. Ability to motivate, develop and lead a diverse team of service providers through collaboration and consensus to reinforce a culture of service and innovation. Experience in building consensus and support and resolving enterprise-level governance issues.
- Financial acumen to assess important financial indicators and make decisions accordingly.
- Excellent problem solving, influencing and negotiating skills. Excellent operations management skills – coupled with a disciplined approach and an ability to manage risk.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to relate and communicate at all levels, including the ability to explain technical matters in business terms.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy