As Cloud Engineer, you will bring your exceptional cloud engineering and security expertise to our small, highly productive, and growing team to take the cloud infrastructure behind our flagship product, SPARK, to the next level. You will apply your skills and experience to drive security, reliability and maintainability to our cloud infrastructure while ensuring we meet our compliance and performance obligations while continuing to deliver top notch the service that our customers have come to expect.
Cloud Operations (AWS)
- Design, build, and manage the sandbox and production infrastructure
- Improve the maintainability and resilience of business continuity, disaster recovery and incident response to meet or exceed established SLAs and compliance requirements
- Create and deploy automation that can reduce time, cost, and complexity required to scale infrastructure to meet customer demand while keeping costs down,
- Monitoring and Response
- Build and maintain tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and troubleshoot production issues.
- Monitor and optimize cloud infrastructure health and performance.
- Install operating system updates, hotfixes, patches, and service packs.
- Work with software engineers to automate builds and software deployments to testing & production environments.
- Participate in Incident Response and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Maintain documentation of operational processes and procedures in accordance with established security and operational controls.
- Complete scheduled compliance reviews as required and establish appropriate monitoring of cloud infrastructure including monthly log reviews and other compliance reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with app dev team on product features to better leverage cloud architecture and adopt best practices to optimize performance and maintainability.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including planning meetings, functional designs, and system demos as needed.
Security and Compliance
- Systems and Control Design
- Assist with the development, implementation, and administration of information security policies, standards, and procedures, adhering to industry best practices
- Identify potential security risks and recommend remediation options or mitigating controls
- Security Review, Risk Assessment, Response Management
- Participate in vulnerability and risk assessment and and provide guidance on mitigation strategies with respect to cloud infrastructure.
- Support internal and external security audits and tests.
- Address potential or in-progress security events, establishing and adhering to escalation procedures and response times in accordance with established controls and SLAs.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise with building and maintaining Windows and SQL Server workloads on AWS
- Expertise supporting SaaS software applications in the AWS cloud
- Hands-on experience with AWS security, monitoring, and alerting capabilities as well as 3rd party logging, monitoring tools such as SumoLogic, and TrendMicro.
- Experience participating in annual and ongoing SOC 2 Type 1 and 2 3rd party audits.
- Familiarity with OWASP, NIST SP800-53, FISMA, and SOC 2
- Familiarity with .NET, C#, SQL Server.
- Experience with SOC 2 control design, development and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of Security Operations
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on being an expert upon which the team can rely.
- Willing to get the job done. We are a small team and rely on each other to dig in and help, especially in service of exceptional customer service.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills whether in-person, remote, or in an collaborative setting.
- Effectively communicate to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
SPARK is dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page. Diversity & Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of their core values. They are an equal opportunity employer that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.