The Customer Marketing Specialist builds Total Expert’s customer advocacy initiative by identifying, engaging, and growing our customer community. As the Customer Marketing Specialist, you will own the implementation of the customer marketing program by helping develop the strategy and executing on the tactical plan to elevate the voice of our happy customers. This position will coordinate the ongoing program participation and lifecycle of existing Total Expert customers and leverage marketing campaigns, programs and other tactics to generate new customer advocates. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Build out marketing communications/processes for activating and engaging advocates— working across departments to coordinate customer outreach
- Own the reference program including identifying, vetting, and developing relationships with customers who participate in analyst and sales reference activity
- Track down and secure customer names and logos for content, media, and PR activities
- Develop communications to recruit new customer advocates and provide regular outreach to current customer advocates
- Provide input on content that allows customer advocates to easily evangelize and promote Total Expert products and services
- Track metrics and analyze and adjust efforts as needed
- Respond to customer advocate questions in a timely manner
What we look for:
- Experience working with or in a marketing organization
- B.A. in business management, marketing, or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience building and maintaining professional and/or customer relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, executives and customers
- Maniacal attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, CRM software, and marketing automation software
- Strong sales aptitude
- Must have drive, flexibility, and willingness to learn. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Requires confidence, persistence, and an outgoing personality
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in high growth culture: Has a forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with a customer engagement platform is a plus
- Experience in a B2B software environment is a plus