Accelerated Innovations, a small, fast growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company based in St. Paul Minnesota, is seeking an entry level Customer Support Specialist to work with our water, gas and electric utility customers to deliver on-time, on budget implementations of our software solution. We offer competitive salary as well as benefits.
At Accelerated Innovations, we create software solutions for energy, water, & gas utilities worldwide. We are a team who works hard and efficiently, we also take time to celebrate the wins and share in expansive team visions. As an Agile & Strengths-based IT company, we work with an emphasis on collaboration, high-performance, and, as our name suggests, innovation. We focus on what works, support the individual growth in one another, and highlight the importance of individual gifts, talents, and contribution. If you naturally focus on strengths and work well independently and with others, you are likely a good match for our team.
Values & Culture
Accelerated Innovations is a Strengths-based organization. The core of any Strength-based organization is a focus on the strengths of each individual as they relate to the broader team. In a phrase: Our differences make us stronger, let’s capitalize on that. At AI, we encourage people to lean-in to who they truly are and to engage with work in ways that bring out their absolute best. Everyone’s voice matters on the AI Team.
Customer Support Specialist Job Description
We are searching for a friendly and highly analytical customer support specialist to join our customer care team. In this role, you will answer customer inquiries and resolve issues via appropriate channels (mainly email), maintain knowledge of our product and services, obtain customer feedback, and work directly with the software development team to resolve issues.
An Ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent time management skills and be passionate about customer service and self-improvement. Candidates should be great brand ambassadors who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
Customer Support Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Promptly responding to customer queries via email and phone.
- Immediately escalating serious complaints or issues that you are not equipped to deal with.
- Working with colleagues or managers to find the best solutions to customers’ issues.
- Identifying common problems and escalating them to management, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible.
- Maintaining a polite, helpful, and professional manner at all times.
- Obtaining and sharing customer feedback with colleagues and other departments so that products and services can be improved.
- Familiarizing yourself with new product features as they are introduced.
- Respecting client confidentiality at all times.
- Documenting all interactions.
Customer Support Specialist Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field may be advantageous.
- Practical experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is preferred.
- The ability to respond appropriately under pressure.
- Sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to build relationships with clients.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to multitask.
- SQL Server experience, or ability to query database tables is ideal.