Senior Software Engineer
Are you a senior level Full Stack Software Engineer? Are you looking to jump-start your career and looking to continue your experience in a dynamic start-up environment, then this NEW opportunity at WipeOS is for you!
WipeOS was founded by veterans of the ITAD (IT Asset Disposition) industry who wanted to create one simple solution for permanently wiping data from any storage device in a manner that offers complete transparency to users and is certified to most well-known international standards. The unique network boot feature offers a simple solution for diagnostics, erasure, and reporting for one or thousands of media storage devices regardless of the type or interface on the network connected to a single WipeOS appliance.
This is a full-stack Sr. Software Engineer who will participate in the full lifecycle from presenting a plan on a re-design and re-factoring the code to development, analysis, implementation, testing and deployment for WipeOS. This person will play a significant role in scaling the platform to meet the needs of our enterprise clients.
- Evaluate the current design of WipeOS and re-architect a new system ground-up from a set of well-defined requirements.
- Materialize this concept architecture in to a set of well-documented APIs, using best-practice design.
- Implement these APIs in new services, with complete unit tests.
- Work with a large variety of storage arrays, servers and other data containing equipment.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years experience in dynamic start-up environment a plus!
- Excellent software development skills, preferably in Python & C++. (for Python, strong understanding of classes, dictionaries, and lambda functions)
- Strong practical Linux system administration and operations experience
- Strong prior experience with version control, and git/git platforms in particular
- Good understanding of server level networking
- Good knowledge of Django Framework
- Node.JS experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to work as a team to solve problems and create strategic plans through shared knowledge.
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change.
- Must be a self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment located in Eden Prairie
WHY WORK FOR WIPEOS?
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you!
WipeOS is part of the OceanTech family and can offer very competitive salary, production bonuses, competitive PTO, health insurance reimbursement (up to 50%) and a fun casual entrepreneurial work environment!
Interested? Apply now!
Qualified candidates can apply by sending a resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) as well as a link to your public portfolio of previous work by following the prompts below. Visit us at www.wipeos.com. No relocation. (EOE)
1313 Winter St NE, Minneapolis, MN