Kipsu is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist to provide sales and general accounting support.
As consumers, we have plenty of ways to talk online about the service we have received but we don’t have the same friction-free ways to engage in-the-moment with real people at the businesses we visit. Kipsu provides a new way for businesses and guests to engage through real-time digital channels, transforming what it feels like to give and receive great service.
In addition to the rare opportunity to be a key part of a small, focused team at a successful and rapidly growing tech company, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, a team of high-achieving co-workers, and the chance to make a noticeable impact, moving the proverbial needle.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Specialist role covers a range of critical responsibilities in a fun and fast-paced work environment.
Your daily work will include:
- Sales analysis and support, including setting up client agreements in Docusign and QuickBooks
- Reviewing and monitoring client accounts receivable - making sure we get money in the bank
- General accounting support, including accounts payable entry, general ledger entries and accruals, balance sheet reconciliations and preparing monthly financial statements
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis
- Managing accounts payable
- And of course :) other projects, as assigned
We favor candidates who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Computer savvy - knowing your way around Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail in daily work and other projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Phenomenal organizational abilities
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as in a team environment
- A bias for action to jump on whatever needs to get done Consistent track record in hitting deadlines
- CPA preferred but not required
One last thing– At Kipsu, we believe that our values, success, and future as a leader in our industry require a vibrant and diverse workforce. This is one of the many challenges we seek to solve, and we are intentional and active in recruiting talent that comes from all walks of life and building an environment that is inclusive to all backgrounds. We need your contribution to our team. Please, consider rolling up your sleeves and joining us on our journey. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us what about this opportunity and Kipsu excites you.