Application Support Engineer
Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Application Support Engineer is an entry-level software engineer position that plays a crucial role for our product teams. As experts on our product functionality as well as the code that makes it all work, they are the go-to people when questions or difficulties arise. They're responsible for investigating advanced problems not fit for our standard support and coming up with the solutions.This position will offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you'll do:
- Monitoring and responding promptly to incoming support tickets regarding software defects.
- Filtering through complex customer details to determine the root of an issue.
- Identifying and implementing a quick solution when problems arise and helping to plan out long-term resolution.
- Communicating effectively to the team when problems arise and ensure they receive a timely response.
- Keeping a pulse on areas of concern that may need additional support and bringing that insight to their teams
- product planning meetings.
- Providing exceptional customer support and relationship management.
- Being a subject matter expert in product functionality and use to drive customer-based solutions.
What you'll need:
- Previous experience in web and software development (can be combination of education and work experience)
- The ability to think independently while also working collaboratively to creatively and quickly solve customer problems.
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations.
- The ability to convert technical terminology into layman's terms.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An interest in software development and being a part of a product company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with relational databases preferred
Why Field Nation: At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building's new facility
733 Marquette Ave, Suite 800, Minneapolis, MN 55402
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.