Assistant Director, Business Development
Location(s): Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota Madison, Wisconsin Milwaukee, Wisconsin Cincinnati, Ohio
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.
gener8tor is a nationally-ranked, GOLD tier accelerator in the U.S. as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years of relevant work experience in a sales, development, marketing or fundraising role ideal. Startup or venture capital experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with strangers. High emotional intelligence. Past work or volunteer experience demonstrating maturity, strong organizational and communications skills and confidence in negotiating.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly independent work environment with much autonomy.
- Strong time management skills–the ability to manage multiple projects at a time and set and meet deadlines. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends and travel.
- Access to a vehicle for local and occasional regional travel.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
- Lead all sales efforts related to the annual OnRamp Education & Workforce Innovation Conference including corporate suites, sponsorships and general ticket sales.
- Organize all logistics for the OnRamp Education & Workforce Innovation Conference including coordinating agenda, speakers, venue, catering, and A/V.
- Manage all digital aspects of OnRamp Education & Workforce Innovation Conference including:
- Creating and maintaining website content; • Developing social media content and email marketing campaigns; and
- Managing conference apps and other event management platforms (ticketing, RSVP etc.)
- Lead Project North membership sales and account management for corporations within the Education and Workforce Innovation vertical.
- Organize 1-2 additional Project North annual events including Innovation Summits and Executives on a Plane. Participate in startup recruitment for the gener8tor accelerator program and other organization-wide special projects (gener8tor, The Brandery, gBETA, gALPHA, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned - we’re an all hands on deck team!
gener8tor's turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.gener8tor is a nationally-ranked, GOLD tier accelerator in the U.S. as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project.
"At gener8tor we revolve everything we do around helping our customers–the entrepreneurs!"
If you’d like to join us on the pirate ship, please send an email to [email protected] with a resume and a few paragraphs on why you’d be an amazing addition to our team in this role. Please apply as soon as possible. Applications are due Friday, February 7, 2020.
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, Madison, WI, Milwaukee, WI or Cincinnati, OH
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].