Associate Web Designer
As the global leader in electronic testing, Pearson VUE validates the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Our customers’ high-stakes certification, licensure, admissions and other credentialing exams help people advance in technology, government and professional careers, as well as attain educational growth. Pearson VUE offers proctored exams through the world's largest network of test centers in addition to testing in online and unproctored environments.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
We are seeking a detail-oriented web designer with a passion for web design and a curiosity to learn more. This is a great opportunity for someone early in their web career to join a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Based in our Bloomington, Minnesota office, you will work on a web team within our global marketing organization. In this role, you will put your web design and digital skills to immediate use while having an opportunity to develop more advanced web skills in HTML / CSS / UIX, search engine optimization, responsive / adaptive web design, accessibility, analytics, and more.
- The Associate Web Designer will be responsible for a variety of web-related tasks, including the maintenance and optimization of content on over 15 global websites.
- Update content on existing web sites.
- Build new landing pages that may include analytics tracking, registration forms, and SEO optimized content.
- Use content management systems to upload and manage content.
- Collaborate with internal teams to build custom web environments.
- Coordinate and schedule site updates with content contributors.
- Work with internal teams and external clients to address issues promptly with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Track success of web marketing efforts and prepare monthly web statistics.
- Utilize best practices for search engine optimization.
- Assist with organization and system tasks such as maintaining the ticketing system and managing timely workflows.
- Keep current with web design and user experience trends.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 1-2 times per year
- Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree in information technology, web development, or graphic design, or a satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates an ability to perform the above duties
- 1-3 years’ experience working in the web design field
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Understanding of web development processes (from wireframes to layout / user interface to relational database integration)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of popular web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Self-motivating and goal-oriented
- Ability to learn quickly
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
- Effective organizing and prioritizing skills
- Work well independently and as a team member
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with content management systems, such as Kentico and Wordpress
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of user interface design (UI / UX)
- Knowledge of responsive / adaptive design
- This position will be located in Bloomington, MN - no remote work option
Please submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER stating how this position fits with your career goals. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
5601 Green Valley Drive, Bloomington, MN 55437
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.