Audio Visual Design Engineer
Intereum is Minnesota’s only Certified Herman Miller workplace environment specialist. We create inspiring spaces to work, learn, and heal. Intereum is a full-service resource that implements solutions in commercial furnishings and audio-visual technology. Transforming spaces from ordinary to extraordinary, Intereum sees things others can’t see and utilizes tools others don’t have. With business acumen, a rich culture, and an integrated process, Intereum has grown to become a top regional choice for office renovation, reconfiguration, and completely new office environments.
OUR PURPOSE: Delivering environments that inspire work, learning, and healing
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Positive Can-do Attitude
- Quality Driven Throughout
- Do the Right Thing
- Continuous Improvement
- Plays Well with Others
- AV System Design
- AV Proposal Creation
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working with potential partners, customers, and sales team in the design and development of AV solutions
- Collaborating with sales team to create timely and accurate proposals in D-Tools, coordinating with sales to apply targeted profit percentages
- Conducting site surveys to gather the information necessary to create accurate proposals
- Supporting sales process as needed with pre-sale drawings/modeling/documentation
- Producing comprehensive system designs and documentation (bill of materials, scope of work, equipment rack layout, budgets/estimation etc.)
- Working closely with AV Drafter to support his/her task of creating system drawings and documentation (AV plans, elevations, schematics, cabling schedules, etc.)
- Attending a variety of meetings as required or directed
- Protecting the confidentiality of information, including customer list and interactions within areas of own position responsibilities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Technical or BS degree in related field, preferred
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the audio/visual field.
- Must have knowledge of the following products/concepts:
- Cisco/Polycom/Lifesize VTC Systems
- Polycom Soundstructure
- Shure MXA
- Dante & AES67 standards
- Experience with Windows OS and the Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Experience with D-Tools preferred but not required
- Ability to read Crestron, AMX and Extron code preferred but not required
- Ability to read construction documents to inform AV design decisions related to building construction and infrastructure
- Knowledge of installation of products such as ceiling/wall mounted speakers, displays, cameras, cabling infrastructure, AV racks, wall plates and interfaces (audio, video or control), microphones (ceiling, table, wired or wireless)
- Knowledge of terminations including but not limited to audio, video and control connectors
- Understanding of Network Topology
- Completion of assigned tasks within timeframe allocated by their supervisor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to communicate and engage with vendors, partners, and customers in-person and via audio/video conference in a professional manner
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail & Processes
- Commitment to maintaining an expert level of knowledge regarding existing and emerging AV technologies, seeking out training and certifications beneficial for personal growth
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A State-of-the-Art Facility with plenty of free parking, incredible technology throughout, great coffee and tea options, and a multitude of work spaces at your disposal
- Use the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) methodology to provide tools to help individuals and teams achieve goals, growth, and improvement.
- Quarterly All Company Meetings – Breakfast Included!
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off 90 days after date of hire
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Seasonal Onsite Flu Shot Clinic
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Employer Paid
- 401K with Employer Matching Dollars
- Community Service opportunities twice a year
- Company social hours, beverages and food included!
- Ability to use your talents and strengths to make a positive impact
Intereum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Intereum is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Notice: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.