Automation Controls Engineer
Choose a career at H2O Innovation with a team of passionate and highly self-motivated water treatment professionals working on multidisciplinary challenges in an international, dynamic and ever-growing environment.
Here, we encourage entrepreneurship and celebrate achievements. We work together to reach ambitious goals in an environment where fulfilling commitments and integrity are valued.
THE POSITION: The Automation and Controls Engineer will occupy a permanent, full-time position. He/she will work from our Champlin, MN office. After joining our team as an Automation & Control Engineer, the candidate will mainly contribute to the development of PLC and HMI programs that controls large municipal and industrial water treatment systems. The candidate will create PLC and HMI programs, perform Factory acceptance tests on the water systems, and then assist with the commissioning of the water systems in the field.
THE DAY-TO-DAY: In addition to the overview of this function, your duties would include:
- Program mainly with Allen Bradley PLC’s, HMI’s and also other platforms as required;
- Provide system hardware/software cost support;
- Provide documentation I/O lists for the control systems and elaborate network diagrams;
- Review electrical schematic drawings as well as process and instrument diagrams;
- Work closely with sales, process engineering, vendors, customers, project management, design engineering, and the manufacturing group to complete projects on time and on budget;
- Perform FAT/QC testing of filtration equipment in the Minneapolis and/or Ham Nord manufacturing plants
- Support field service technicians during the commissioning phase of filtration equipment at the end-user sites and set up PLC remote access via Internet VPN;
- Assist in the development of hardware/software standards for increased efficiencies and lower overall costs.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES DESIRED Professional:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC/HMI programming;
- Experience with network architecture;
- Experience with startup and commissioning, an asset;
- Related work experience in the field of water treatment, preferred;
- Knowledge of Wonderware, Proficy required along with FactoryTalk View;
- Knowledge of Ignition software or programming in Java, Python, C#;
- Strong mechanical and electrical skill;
- Ability to start up, troubleshoot, maintain and repair complex water treatment systems in the field;
- Control process technologies of water treatment such as reverse osmosis (RO), ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF), media filters, etc;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Personal: The selected candidate will be recognized for his/her organizational skills, rigor and attention to detail. He/she will be autonomous in addition to being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. The candidate will act as a team player, who not only will share his/her knowledge, but who will also have the desire to learn continually. Lastly, he/she will demonstrate a professional and positive attitude towards his/her team and the external & internal clients.
CONDITIONS Overall remuneration including:
- Group insurance plan;
- 401k plan;
- 10 statutory holidays per year;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Vacation and sick days.
JOIN US! H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. H2O INNOVATION H2O Innovation designs and provides state-of-the-art, custom-built and integrated water treatment solutions based on membrane filtration technology for municipal, industrial, energy and natural resources end-users. The Corporation’s activities rely on three pillars which are i) water and wastewater projects; ii) specialty products and services, including a complete line of specialty chemicals, consumables, specialized products for the water treatment industry as well as control and monitoring systems; and iii) operation and maintenance services for water and wastewater treatment systems.
For more information, visit www.h2oinnovation.com.
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].