AV Systems Specialist - Technologies
Parsons Electric Corp
Parsons Electric, Fridley. Minnesota
# of openings
Parsons Electric is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with additional full service offices in St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Golden Valley, Rochester, Duluth, and Virginia in MN, along with offices in Fargo, ND; and Phoenix, AZ. Parsons has grown to become one of North America's premier electrical and technology providers. Since 1927, we have established an enduring reputation of providing quality design, construction, service, and maintenance to our customers. Parsons is proud to provide an extensive range of services through our three divisions - Electrical Construction, Electrical Service, and Technologies - to ensure our customers the latest technology, expertise, and proven dedication.
We currently have an excellent opportunity in our Technologies Division for a motivated AV Systems Specialist to join our growing organization in our Minneapolis Corporate Office. The primary responsibilities of an AV Systems Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare systems documentation to include pre-sale systems drawings, systems submittals drawings, systems schematics and project documentation.
- Perform system design from inception to completion.
- Perform systems installation with administration and license activation.
- Coordinate and perform programming for AMX, Creston and other AV components.
- Coordinate, verify, and compile systems' testing and commissioning reports.
- Coordinate and perform owner training.
- Determine material quantities in the amounts needed to complete projects for bid.
- Design AV systems to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that our projects are being designed and completed to current industry standards.
- Ability to travel to various job sites.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum three (3) years programming experience with AMX and/or Creston control systems.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with Custom APIs, protocols, developing drivers, etc.
- GUI Development Experience.
- CTS, CTS-D, Creston or AMX Certified Programmer.
- Experience with IT hardware, software, and/or networking preferred.
- Experience with other AV, Pro Audio and/or DAS systems desirable.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Preferred Education and Experience
- DSP programming/commissioning: BSS, BIAMP, Symetrix, Q-SYS.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, VidCAD and/or Revit.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of computer networking and trouble-shooting.
Parsons Electric offers an excellent salary and discretionary compensation program comprised of annual bonus with an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) retirement plan, flex spending plan, and educational reimbursement benefits
For more information about Parsons Electric, please visit www.parsonscorp.com
or send resume to:
5960 Main Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432
Parsons Electric LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities