Back End Software Engineer
Full disclosure: This is not a “by the numbers” job, because we are not a “by the numbers” company. We are, however, the recipient of multiple Best Places to Work awards and nominations. But wait….there’s more!
We are a rapidly growing digital agency seeking a talented, driven individual to come along for the ride. We’re looking for someone to do more than just fit in; we’re looking for a Back End Software Engineer to make us better. Having the right personality is as important as having the right skillset. Culture is on a par with competence, and our culture is based on a combination of:
- Business First, Online Second™ (Our “Why.”)
- Partnerships, Not Transactions (Our “How.”)
- POTIS (Just ask.)
Our developers are responsible for programming online platforms that bring to life our clients’ brand, vision and business purpose. The Back End Software Engineer will collaborate with project managers, solutions analysts, digital strategists, and other developers. The goal is to deliver scalable and reliable technology solutions that provide engaging user experiences and truly support business objectives. Those experiences will range from sophisticated and elegant ecommerce platforms to robust software-as-a-service platforms and beyond.
This work is at the core of our ongoing relationships with our clients. Every piece of value you deliver will directly contribute to their success and help those relationships thrive. Are you ready to make that kind of impact every day?
- Perform primarily back-end development work on multiple projects and tasks at a time.
- Build and maintain high quality code, using the proper version control and push methods defined by Irish Titan.
- Read and understand design and technical requirements, and estimate development effort required to implement them.
- Maintain an understanding of what business value your work delivers to our clients; the Why.
- Proactively communicate with project managers, clients, and others to obtain the necessary details for assessing and understanding work to be done.
- Produce documentation, as needed, including functional and technical requirements and user stories.
- Adhere to our practices of time tracking, task management and project management to provide a high degree of visibility for your work.
- Remain up-to-date with software versions of Irish Titan development packages, platforms and tools.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Learn and grow. Make us better while you do so.
- 2-4 years experience developing websites (ecommerce a plus).
- At least 2 years experience with MySQL syntax and database structures.
- At least 2 years experience with PHP (Laravel a plus).
- A demonstrated understanding of Web APIs (SOAP, REST, etc.).
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proven capabilities to work within a fast-paced environment, with a commitment to timely and effective communication, and multi-tasking proficiency.
Additional Skills We'd Really Like
- Knowledge of the Magento and Laravel platforms.
- Experience working with the Zend Framework.
- Familiarity with PHP package repositories, such as composer.
- Experience writing PHP code according to the PSR-4 standard.
St. Louis Park
5320 West 23rd Street, Suite 300, Edina, MN