Chief Information Officer
Minnesota Housing is hiring! We’re a mission-focused financial institution and we believe there should be joy in the workplace and in the work we do. We are seeking a visionary Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead our Business and Technology Support (BTS) team made up of three key divisions and over 25 staff and consultants.
We believe that Housing is the foundation for success, so we collaborate with individuals, communities and partners to create, preserve and finance housing that is affordable. Our vision is that all Minnesotans live and thrive in a safe, stable home they can afford in a community of their choice.
The Chief Information Officer is a member of Minnesota Housing’s Servant Leadership Team and is a significant contributor to the Agency’s strong bond rating. Minnesota Housing’s focus is to center the people and places most impacted by housing instability at the heart of our decision making, and we are increasingly focused on Agency processes and capabilities that enable us to be more efficient and effective. This includes using data and analytics more effectively, as well as developing creative ways of achieving results quickly. The CIO oversees the people, processes, and technologies within Minnesota Housing to make sure they deliver business outcomes. The CIO develops and maintains effective partnerships within BTS, across the Agency, and with external agencies through strong relationship management. The CIO will also partner with the CIO of Minnesota Information Technology (MNIT) to implement State solutions when appropriate, while maintaining Agency independence and ability to implement solutions that best meet our needs as a financial institution.
Essential Job Duties
- Build and maintain relationships with Agency executive leadership and business unit leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs, identify innovation opportunities, and ensure transparency and collaboration.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop and implement an information systems vision and strategic plan to determine the future direction of information technology in support of Agency objectives.
- Maintain currency on best practices, new technologies, and platforms, and provide direction on the emerging technologies to be integrated and introduced within the technology infrastructure so that BTS capabilities respond to business needs.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of BTS systems and programs that fulfill the business needs and goals, and align with the Agency’s Technology Governance Framework including architecture management, data and application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support.
- Drive the development of performance metrics that allow leadership to make data-based decisions, and ensure understanding of how BTS delivers value and overall customer satisfaction.
- Establish an information risk management program (policies, procedures and technology) to reduce the threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences inherent within BTS infrastructure. Continually monitor and assess security risks to the Agency’s information assets.
- Develop and manage the BTS annual operating and capital budgets, oversee the daily operations of BTS, and set directions and guidelines for the development and maintenance activities for all hardware, software, and network systems.
- Exercise visionary leadership skills to identify and manage innovation opportunities and build effective plans that help the organization reach its goals.
To be considered for this position, resume/application must reflect the following minimum qualifications:
- Twelve (12) years of information technology/systems experience, including: Information Systems (IS) strategic planning; developing IS-related business processes that meet the needs of an organization; and budget management. A Bachelor’s business administration, information systems or closely related field may substitute for one year of experience.
- Six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience in managing multiple enterprise information systems functions.
- Five (5) years of experience directly managing information technology staff.
- In-depth knowledge of application development and project life cycle.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing large projects and managing system change.
- Ability to oversee, prioritize and effectively manage and implement a wide-range of complex and interrelated projects.
- Experience in enterprise software development.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Possess a desire to serve through leadership that is focused on the needs of team members and customers to give them the support they need to meet their goals.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills that convey a sense of community and trust within the team and the organization to work together towards a common vision.
- Exceptional knowledge of information systems best practices including architecture management, data and application management, security and risk assessment, and operational support.
- Experience with project management methodologies including Agile.
- Commitment to work-life harmony for self and team.
- Experience working in mission focused organizations.
- Experience managing people in a union environment.
Annual Salary Range $106,196 – $152,006/annually, $50.86 - $72.80/hourly
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- Reference Checks
- Google and Social Media Review
- Job-Related Criminal Background Checks
Requires the occasional transporting and/or moving of articles such as file folders, ledgers, and small tools.
External candidates should apply at this link: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=38333&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 38333.
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
We are a team of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to achieve our big, audacious goal. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life harmony by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 10 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].