Chief Risk Officer
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join us as our Chief Risk Officer in our Minneapolis office. We will rely on you to improve our current risk and fraud decisioning models and to build out our data team. We will also need an applicant that has the ability to work with the leadership team and with external partners.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of statistics, machine learning and the demonstrated ability and/or talent to build and lead a team. Experience with capital markets and various debt financing strategies, and industry experience in credit and consumer payments is a plus. An ideal candidate will also have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Sezzle’s current risk and fraud decisioning models
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various credit and risk strategies while working under broader corporate goals
- Build existing and potential investor relationships
- Provide input on structuring, legal negotiation, and documentation with funding counterparties alongside counsel, finance and the leadership team
- Partner cross-functionally with our product and finance teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to risk, credit and fraud decisioning
- Assist our leadership team in building out our financial models for budget and planning
What we look for in a candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in data modeling, statistics, credit and fraud.
- Wide understanding of the choices available to a data decisioning team
- Experience building and managing a team
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, and/or R
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
What we require:
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and we need to get many things done.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.