Cloud Engineer - Python
Pollywog (code-name for a top-secret project) is a venture-backed, predictive analytics team on a mission to help organizations and their people unlock their full potential. We believe success is built aligning personal ambitions for growth with the ambitions of the business.
We’re looking for a software engineer to share in the responsibility of building out the foundational elements of the Application Service Architecture for a cloud-based analytics engine. The perfect addition to our team is energized by the idea of building something new and committed to embracing everything that comes along with it. Most of all, we hope to find someone who loves learning and challenging themselves and others to improve every day.
We like to think we’re open-minded about tech stack but you’ll be in good company if you dig what Google has been doing with their cloud platform. Right now we’re set up to use compute, storage, data, and machine learning on GCP. It’s important to us that the team appreciates best practices, but takes a pragmatic approach and moves fast.
If all this sounds good, we’ll ask you to help build the infrastructure necessary to capture, process, store, analyze and produce insight from data from a myriad of sources. You will have the opportunity to do everything from building REST APIs on AppEngine to implementing ML algorithms with TensorFlow. You’ll work alongside our Lead Engineer/Architect on a small team in an Agile development methodology, defining user stories, implementing development tasks, completing code reviews and unit tests, and documenting your work.
The impact you’ll make:
- Influence product strategy, architecture, technology stack, development process, and operations as part of the core product team.
- Share and expand your knowledge and experience exchanging best practices and key learnings with our team.
- Contribute to a culture that values quality, user-experience, business impact, and product value.
- Influence and support the integration of relevant new technologies.
- Help the worlds’ best organizations evolve and grow by developing their talent and positioning people to succeed.
- Proficiency with the Python programming language (2+ years)
- Experience developing production level, high data-integrity, and/or highly-scalable code for a commercial application.
- General understanding of Test Driven Development and experience unit testing
- General understanding of development operations
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Google App Engine experience including using NDB Client and Task Queues
- Experience building and using RESTful web services.
- Amazon, Azure, or other cloud platform experience.
- Enterprise container platforms such as Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with durable messaging
- Experience building secure server to server communications
- Experience with Machine Learning and data mining tools such as Tensor Flow and R.
- Experience using the Twelve-Factor App methodology
Compensation: We hope to offer competitive compensation in salary and potential for equity.
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.