ThrivePass' purpose is to partner with organizations to create personalized and meaningful employee experiences.
We value our employees, their contributions and strongly believe in employee development. Everything we do is tied to our CARE values, being: Courageous, Authentic, Resourceful and Excellent. Performance at ThrivePass is measured by embodiment of our CARE values and the accomplishment of quarterly Big 3 goals.
About the position:
The Controller manages and oversees the monthly financial reporting process, including consolidation and financial statement preparation; technical accounting research and memo preparation; ad hoc requests from management and other special projects including merger and acquisition evaluation and post-merger accounting integrations. They directly manage the Accountant and report to the VP of Finance.
The Controller is responsible for implementing accounting and control processes following US GAAP, and ThrivePass policies and procedures to meet objectives. This role will serve as a key resource for best practices in accounting and financial reporting, and a thorough understanding of the entire organization is vital to facilitate the numerous cross-functional requirements of this position.
The Controller must have a mastery of accounting, and be a process-driven, efficient self-starter with a significant attention to detail. They must be able to work autonomously and effectively in a different location than the VP of Finance and leadership.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for multiple business units accurately and timely
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes, overseeing the Accountant
- Prepare the annual financial statements, including statement of cash flows, and accompanying footnotes and disclosures as well as coordinate the review process with external auditors, including prepared by client (PBC) requests
- Perform research of technical accounting issues and documentation of analysis and conclusion in technical accounting memos for review by the VP of Finance as well as informal ad hoc technical accounting requests from the business
- Document and maintain ThrivePass accounting policies
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with the ThrivePass' policies and procedures
- Review, identify and implement process improvements for increased efficiencies and margins
- Identify internal control concerns and partner with other internal groups to mitigate control weaknesses
- Review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, primarily intercompany accounts and client operational accounts
- Own the monthly balance sheet review process and manage the timely resolution of discrepancies
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the annual audit and tax preparation
- Assist with M&A activities, including purchase price accounting, and integration of newly acquired companies
- High level of communication and collaboration with peers, leadership team, investors and Board of Directors, and other areas of the business
- Participate in and support strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of progressive accounting and reporting experience
- Leadership and mentoring skills to build high performance team
- Experience with consolidation and preparation of financial statements, including statement of cash flows, and accompanying footnotes and disclosures
- Exceptional knowledge of US GAAP through demonstrated work experience
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and variance analysis
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines as well as strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture and direct projects
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to extrapolate from written procedures and policies
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: determine and recommend appropriate actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the organization in multiple office locations, as well as clients and participants
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with the Microsoft Suite
- Prior experience working with accounting systems (Sage, Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online, preferred)
- Leadership skills including mentoring and team building
- Professional integrity, accountability, and exemplary adherence to the ThrivePass values of Courageousness, Authenticity, Resourcefulness and Excellence.
- Work in fast-paced collaborative environment
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures with medical, FSA, HSA and COBRA as well as HIPAA
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Supervisory experience
ThrivePass does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Job Type: Full-time; Compensation: Varies with experience. This is salaried, exempt position; Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 6 years in the field.
12755 Highway 55, Plymouth, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.