Data & Business Intelligence Analyst
Lighthouse Software (www.lighthousesoftware.com) is a fast-paced software development company. We’re seeking Data & Business Intelligence Analysts to join our team and help us solve complex challenges for our clients. We are looking for people who are strong problem solvers, strong with communicating within a team, and able to interface with customers.
**We are ready to bring someone on immediately for this role.**
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from many data sources, transform, and load into a new data model
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Four years of SQL/SQL writer
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information technology, or a related field
- At least 4 years of experience in a data analyst or relevant role
- Ability to identify useful information in data sets and suggest conclusions that support decision making
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Expert with Microsoft Excel and various business intelligence and analytical tools
- Understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and project management skills
- Passionate about Data Analysis and enjoys a variety of challenging projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Natural problem solver
- Humble, confident, self-aware (no god complex allowed... and we mean it!)
About Lighthouse: Lighthouse Software is a Twin Cities-based business that develops custom software for enterprise businesses. Lighthouse creates highly customized software products for banking, government, healthcare and other markets throughout Minnesota and the US. For nearly 19 years, Lighthouse has led Fortune 500 companies through the complexities of building quality custom software in highly connected and technically complex enterprise ecosystems.
- Software Discovery: brainstorming, defining features, requirements documentation
- Software Design: storyboarding, graphic design, prototyping, architecture specifications
- Software Development: Enterprise-grade custom web and mobile app development
- Quality Assurance: manual testing teams, automated regression testing
- Technical Support: app deployment, warranty support, emergency services
In the past 5 years, Lighthouse has grown from a company of five to a company of 50+ employees--and we want to keep growing! We run lean: which means we all participate in growing the business and we aren’t afraid to reinvent ourselves. As a part of our team, you’d be a known individual and a leader with a voice. As you learn how we operate, we’d begin looking for your insight on how we can do what we do, but better. If you’re looking for an opportunity for personal growth and a chance to try new things, Lighthouse could be a fit.
Lighthouse isn’t centered in a single line of business. We are passionate about delivering tech-forward software, no matter the industry, and build everything from enterprise intranet applications to mobile apps available on the Apple Store. We engage with prospective clients where their needs fit our abilities, be it in healthcare, banking, weather mapping, real estate, and more! Our typical project cycles last between 4-6 months. As a part of the Lighthouse team, you’d cultivate long term relationships with our ongoing clients, while also welcoming new partnerships in new technical spaces.
What Else Does Lighthouse Offer? Here are a few other things Lighthouse can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO: Our staff manage their own PTO, and we encourage people to take the time they need to achieve a healthy work/life balance
- Small Business, Big Benefits: We partner with a large-scale HR partner to provide competitive healthcare, 401k match, and all the benefits you’d expect from your employer.
- Central Location: Our home office is in downtown Saint Paul, in the Osborn building at 370 Wabasha.
Lighthouse Software Core Values:
Lighthouse Software’s organizational philosophy is summarized within our 5 Core Values. Individuals who do well and enjoy working with us embody the following:
- Do what we say we will do: We always follow through on our commitment to our clients and to one another.
- See a need, fill the need: Take the initiative to find a solution immediately; don’t wait for someone else!
- Empowered to make decisions: We trust each other to make timely, informed, and intelligent decisions.
- Operate as an entrepreneur: Be willing to take risks. Learn from your mistakes. Advance your knowledge. Repeat.
- We maintain high standards: Reach for the highest achievable quality within time and budget constraints.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
370 Wabasha St N, St. Paul, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.