A/B Testing & Optimization Analyst
Star Tribune looking for an experienced candidate to lead its A/B Testing & Optimization efforts as a Data Analyst, Experimentation on the data & analytics team. This role is focused on helping the organization grow and evolve its digital technologies and products through iterative testing and analysis. We're looking for a candidate who loves experimentation and studying the cause and effect of changes.
- Own end-to-end A/B testing process, design, execution, and data analysis including setting the hypothesis, recommendations & KPI selection.
- Run optimization programs that deliver customer insights and maximize conversions.
- Ensure the hypothesis is valid and additional success metrics are determined with stakeholders. Monitor a test throughout its duration while supplying reporting on a desirable. Troubleshoot testing setup issues.
- Responsible for deterring statistical significance for qualified customers, advising on statistical methods, experimental design, test duration/sample size and ensure accuracy of data from various sources.
- Work closely with product owners to design the A/B testing strategies according to multiple roadmap efforts, release activities, promotional calendars, and across multiple channels including desktop, mobile, and apps.
- Develop repeatable processes and structures for regular analysis and reports, identify approaches to answer ad hoc queries.
- Work with data scientist to define models that determine high opportunity areas for experimentation & optimization.
- Create concise and well researched knowledge base of test hypothesis and final outcomes.
- Develop Experiment dashboards to visualize data effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3-6 years relevant work experience
- Previous experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics) and testing tools (Optimizely or Adobe Target).
- Working knowledge of site optimization, product development, usability or UX.
- Proficient in MS Office suite - Advance Excel and PPT.
- Deep understanding of Web & Marketing analytics and experience developing measurement strategies to evaluate outcomes of online experiments.
- Proficiency in R, Python, and/or SQL programming languages a plus
Some top benefits include: a new downtown office with free gym access to Steele Fitness in the building and access to rooftop amenities in warm months; commuter benefits; competitive medical and dental insurance; paid time off; 401(k) matching; tuition assistance; and unlimited digital access to Star Tribune. In addition, Star Tribune has partnerships with many organizations that offer our employees a variety of discounts!
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].