SportsEngine has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer. In this role as part of the Data Team, you work to manage the full lifecycle of our data warehousing needs. Our data warehouse and data operations are built on top of Amazon Web Services using a modern data warehousing stack which includes the use of Amazon Redshift, Apache Airflow and PericopeData for reporting.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through Sports. In addition to teaching them about their sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they’re heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's top 100 Companies to work for, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
Data Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Work on a small team of passionate data scientists and data engineers.
- Manage the day to day operations of running our Data Warehouse.
- Build data pipelines and ETLs for loading source system data into the data warehouse for further reporting and analysis.
- Assist in building scalable data models to support reporting and tracking of key business and product metrics.
- Build, analyze and manage reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the data operations across the business.
This is the perfect role for you if you have......
- Experience with running and managing a data warehouse.
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality principles and practices.
- Experience with Business Intelligence technologies.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business users and other developers.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business functions.
Data Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Python is preferred, but not required.
- Deep Experience and understanding of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift).
- Experience with ETL (Airflow, Boomi) tools is a plus.
- Experience with frontend BI Tools is a plus (such as Periscope, Looker, Tableau).
A minimum of 4 years of software engineering experienced required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
807 Broadway ST NE, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.