Data Processing Analyst
Barlow Research is a small company with a long history of supplying “the voice of the business customer” to financial institutions.
As a market research leader for the financial services industry, Barlow Research’s data processing function is key to creating actionable insights for our clients. Our data is primarily generated through survey-based, primary research of small businesses and middle market companies. The Data Processing Analyst is responsible for processing the data we collect into cross tabulations for further analysis by our analyst team. The Data Processing Analyst will also work with internal stakeholders in developing and managing a data visualization tool that will allow our clients to view dynamic reports online. Under the direction of a Senior Research Analyst, the Data Processing Analyst will be allowed to work both collaboratively and independently to help deliver competitive insights to some of the top financial institutions in the country.
- Manage the processing of data and construction of data cross tabulations (60% of time).
- Construct/update quarterly and annual cross tabulations for on-going studies.
- Construct cross tabulations for data collected from new research projects.
- Assist in the proofing/quality control of all tabulations constructed.
- Assist in management of internal databases.
- Monitor timelines for fieldwork (specifically the time needed for data processing).
- Keep internal clients updated on project status.
- Manage a schedule of active projects.
- Manage internal tabulation tool (20% of time).
- Manage relationship with Q Research software vendor.
- Work with Q support to streamline processes and troubleshoot.
- Product and process development (10% of time).
- Develop new analytically driven data solutions to be hosted on BarlowResearch.com.
- Maintain current Strategy Dashboard tools.
- Brainstorm new ideas to enhance Barlow Research offerings.
- Participate in data visualization development (10% of time).
- Work with analyst team to develop data visualization tool.
- Manage the relationship with the data visualization tool vendor.
- Create/manage process for updating the data visualization tool.
- Develop fluency with the software used in the office.
- Data management: Q Research, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro, SPSS.
- Day-to-day packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience (Master’s degree substitutes for 1 year of experience)
- Experience constructing cross tabulations
- Attention to detail
- Strong interest in managing data
- Strong knowledge of research design
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Company Overview: Barlow Research Associates, Inc. (BRAI) was founded in 1980 to provide research and consulting services to the banking industry in the U.S. and overseas. BRAI specializes in custom research, strategic consulting and syndicated research programs in small business, middle market and Internet banking. All three syndicated programs provide a continuous flow of market knowledge and competitive intelligence to member institutions. BRAI has a wide range of experience in many financial markets and knows the questions to ask and the issues to probe. Candidates should first view our website - www.BarlowResearch.com - for a further understanding of our mission and the types of products and services we offer.
917 Lilac Dr N Minneapolis MN 55422
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.